<VV> 95 vs 110

vairtec at optonline.net vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Mar 21 09:08:25 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Harry Yarnell <hyarnell1 at earthlink.net>

> Ask Herr Marlow about 95's.... <

I'm not exactly sure what Harry meant by this... [grin]

But at the Summit Point NECC event and the first BeaveRun track event, I had a stone-stock 95-hp engine in my car because, well, because it was the only engine I had readily available at the time.  (I now have a performance engine ready to go for Pocono, Mosport, and Lime Rock this year.)

A 95 isn't quite as indestructible as an 80, but it's close.

For the benefit of the person who first asked the question, who wanted real-world comparison experience, I'll offer this:  In a blind taste test, you won't be able to tell the difference between a 95 and a 110 on the street, all other things being equal.  Some healthy 95s will outperform some sickly 110s, and of course a healthy 110 will outperform a sickly 95.  But in general you won't feel the difference.  If you have a good 95 at your disposal, do not hesitate to use it.

--Herr Marlow