<VV> oil pressure sender installation

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 09:33:05 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/20/06 8:07:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
r.gault at sbcglobal.net writes:

> So  what are people's thought on installing an oil pressure gauge sender?
The  adapt-a-bolt seems nice and neat but is a little pricey (~$21) and  might
get in the way during oil filter changes.  Running a line seem  like the way
I may go but you've got to get the right fittings and I've  heard of lines
breaking due to shaking.  There's also drilling and  tapping a hole somewhere
else but I want to avoid making permanent changes  to my car. I can't just
screw the thing into where the switch is because it  just won't fit!  Dadgum
packaging efficiency.

>  Thoughts?  Please share with the group, and remember, we're all  friends
here.

> mike

I've had an oil pressure sender mounted atop a threaded extension from the
original oil pressure unit for over 30 years now--no cracking, leaking or other
 troubles.
Scotty