<VV> Chevy Truck Seatbelt Problem (no vair)

Steve Oxford seoxford at att.net
Tue Mar 21 13:40:59 EST 2006

I am trying to replace the passenger seatbelt assembly in a '92 Blazer - full size.  The VIN for my Blazer references a vehicle with bucket seats, but my seats were changed to bench seats before delivery.  The dealer says the only way I can order belts is by the VIN (won't work) or by the tag on the seatbelt.  Unfortunately, the seatbelt tag is not really a tag but a painted on label that has long ago worn off.

So...my request:  Anyone out there with an '88-94 Chevy pickup, or '92-'96(?) Blazer/Suburban with bench seats, that can either give me a valid VIN for that configuration or a seatbelt tag (on the lap portion of the retractable seatbelt) for the passenger seatbelt?

Any other ideas are welcome also.  Ultimately, I may have to just buy an aftermarket belt assembly from Andover Restraints (andoauto.com) but I'd like to stick to the GM installation if possible.

Steve Oxford