<VV> blue gunk in steering linkage

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Mar 22 14:11:00 EST 2006

At 04:47 hours 03/21/2006, jryall at juno.com wrote:
>Someone asked earlier in the day about a blue, plastic like material he
>found in the steering joints.  I believe he was talking about a FC.  I
>didn't see an answer, so here goes:
>
>I seem to recall that there was a material available years ago meant to
>be injected into ball joints and steering joints to renew worn joints.
>I've never used the stuff, and would be suspicious of any joint that had
>been repaired that way.

Ah HAH!   Now it comes back to me.

>Does anybody else remember this product?
>
>John Ryall

I sure do.  It was sold at lots of FLAPS and I was wondering how many
ball joints came apart after passing a safety inspection because
they'd been "snugged up" by this epoxy-like stuff that was designed
specifically to make a worn out ball joint appear sound.

I wouldn't have used the stuff on a bet.

tony..