<VV> 140 Running hot ?

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 17:26:02 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/23/2006 1:58:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mrmph170 at comcast.net writes:

> My 140 is running very hot. The carbs are rebuilt. Timing and
> points are set. Fuel pressure is correct. Belt is not slipping and both
> cooling vents open correctly. When I drive it and pull over or slow down to
> let it get cool, it won't. It is running a little rich.
********

1  Rich...makes an engine run cooler....

2   What's hot?   Can you hold the dipstick?   Is there "crackling sounds?"

Note:  If you just added  Thermostat Bellows.....they don't open until the
air is 225 F!!!

3  Is your  telltale " Temp/Pressure"  light illuminating?   Most likely it's
40 yrs. old  and BAD!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!