<VV> Corvair-Planes, was- Special Corvair Event

Brown, David David.Brown at bsci.com
Fri Mar 24 09:33:43 EST 2006

One of our newest members in Corvair Houston built an experimental
(non-Corvair) aircraft with his father 10 or so years ago.  I sold him
(somewhat reluctantly- with feelings similar to Mike's) my tired 110
engine that he is planning to put in another aircraft eventually (I
advertised it in our club beforehand w/no interest).  In the meantime,
we kept in close contact with each other including his first ride in a
Corvair (my 69) to the airport where he keeps his plane.  He gave me a
ride (too much fun!!) with the stipulation that if/when he ever gets a
Corvair I would help him with repairs, etc.  It just happened 2 weeks
ago when he purchased a beautiful 63 Monza cvt.  We already had our
first 'tech' session where we replaced a couple of springs on his front
brakes.  I think a lot of these guys have similar & overlapping
interests.
Dave
Corvair Houston
69 Monza cp, 140/4