<VV> Exhaust inlet removal, Turbo

Bill Meglen tirediron at charter.net
Sat Mar 25 00:53:27 EST 2006

Awaiting delayed shipment of clutch kit to be installed into my 1963
Monza Spyder. Intent is to add the "late" stepped flywheel with bolted
Dale flywheel.  In prep have the power train disconnected for removal
but looking for a "miracle" technique for disconnecting turbo inlet
pipe from crossover. No problem with crossover to exhaust "logs", no
evidence of excessive rusting of components or "crimping" of slip on
pipes to turbo inlet, but it won't budge. Will apply heat but am not
confident it will have any effect. (Have tried bigger hammer!)
Assuming that I will fail to remove it from its slip joint coupling is
their a recommended "work around".i.e. cutting it off then welding it
back etc.

Bill