<VV> Re: engines for airplanes - Humor

Mark Noakes mark at noakes.com
Sat Mar 25 10:23:59 EST 2006

I started learning how to fly at age 13 and have been in and out of it most of my life...mostly due to cost issues.  I learned how to drive in a Corvair.  I soloed on my 16th birthday and got my driver's license, tested in a Corvair, about the same time. For me, they go together.

I lurk on the Corvair Aircraft list; it's a good education on technical issues.  The Corvair driver could learn quite a bit from them.  The most recent flurry has been a study of nitriding and radiusing of crankshafts for strength issues.

I wish the Corvair aircraft powerplant issues had been worked out 25 years ago; it's a little late for me to pursue a homebuilt now given all else that I have on my plate these days; however I still think that it is cool idea.

Mark Noakes

Mark Noakes

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is usually a difference."--Anonymous

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
-- Mark Twain.