<VV> Intermittent Vacuum Leak?

Mel Smith my65vair at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 25 20:48:56 EST 2006

Thank you for the tips from my earlier post. On the same topic, I also
suspect a fuel problem but the electric pump seems to be working fine. I
thought the accelerator pumps were in crummy condition and one of the
needles in the power-enrichment circuit didn't fall out when I rebuilt the
carbsa (the other needle was pretty worn out too). I guess I thought it was
a vacuum leak because the manifold pressure gauge in the car shows low
vacuum (maybe a pound of vacuum) when it is idling poorly. I don't know if
this really means anything but the vacuum gauge reads more like fifteen
pounds of vacuum when the car is running properly.