<VV> Tired / Inflation

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Mar 25 22:57:35 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/25/2006 7:19:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

> And now for the real question which I had forgotten about. Back in the day
> we had these rubber doughnuts that you put on a tire to seal the back side
> so you could inflate it. Do these still exist or does anyone have a
> suggestion on how to get a 215 that came off a 6" rim to inflate on an 8"
> rim (happen to have more eights than sevens). Will check with FLAPS in
> morning but I doubt...
>
> Padgett

---------------------
Always remove the valve core when 1st inflating!   90 %   success this way

As Roger described..you can buy a airhose with a cloth cover that swells
...rap around and inflate

ME....no 4 door bananas!     I give a shot of starting fluid into the
tire....stick my cigarette next to it  POP!!!  tire seated!

Works 1st time on 16:50 x 15 paddle tires!....in the middle of the sand
dunes...at night....no air......and I've got 3 left in my pack...and  30 miles to
go...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!