<VV> Wrinkle Paint Success

Anil Mittal anil at anil.com
Mon Mar 27 09:22:34 EST 2006

Hi Charlie,

  I applied the wrinkle paint to my masked dash this weekend. I used
a paint from Eastwoods. After I painted the dash, following the
directions, I placed the dash in front of two 500 watt halogen spot
lights. I also painted some scrap peices and did not place them in
front of the light. The next morning the dash had a beautiful wrinkle
finish on it and the scrap peices did not wrinkle at all. It's been
in the 40's here and I guess that is too cold for the winkle. Too bad
the can of paint does not mention that! I left the dash in front of
thr lights for 24 hours. Last night I did the paint for the glove box
door and surround and left them in front of the light, this morning I
had beautiful wrinkles again! I was so stressed that it would not
work  and I would have to strip and mask the dash again. Tonight I
hope to remove the masking tape and install the guages. Thanks again
for your help!