<VV> SHOP PRESS-crank gear

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 27 21:14:34 EST 2006

Crank gears require heat.. Extremely easy to mess up gear teeth and you
really have to look at them carefully... not that you don't, Tim.  I have a
20T and have used all of it on LM rear stub axles. I haven't tried a crank
gear because I do not have good enough "tooling" to fit in there and get as
much of the gear as possible. Ideally, it seems to me that the crank gear
needs to be "pulled" (like with a hvy duty gear puller/steering wheel
puller)  while pressed... I there such an animal?

Recommend 20T.

Chuck S
BBRT