<VV> 140 running hot

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 11:32:53 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/30/2006 8:15:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mrmph170 at comcast.net writes:

> Thank you all for the help. I will get it fired up in a couple of weeks.
> The
> engine is rebuilt and has 400 miles on it. The fumes from the exhaust burns
> my eyes and the engine heats up when I go over 50 on the highway. It gets so
>
> hot that I hear the valves pinging. If I slow down or pull over the engine
> will NOT cool down. It does not have a nest/rag in the cooling system. The
> perimeter seal is sound. The timing has been checked and played with to many
>
> times. I am not good with carburetors, especially four of them. Thanks
> again.
> Michael

Mike,  where are you at? You need some outside help!  Things do not make
sense!

Runs so rich your eyes burn....everything appears OK..but doesn't cool down
when idling??

You'll get it fired up in a few WEEKS??   How can it overheat if not
running???

Lastly....  50 mph???    Tell us you meant 85!!! ggg

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!