<VV> 140 running hot / Fuel mix?

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 30 18:15:27 EST 2006

Hafta disagree.

For example, yesterday I was running the new engine on the run-in stand.
Shut the electric fuel pump off to drain the primaries. As the fuel level in
the carbs decreased, the engine began to run leaner and leaner. Soon my eyes
were burning. As the mixture got too lean to support combustion, the engine
quit. By this time I had to bail out of the shop into the fresh air, watery
eyes and all.

Besides, Michael's engine apparently runs hot. A classic lean mixture
symptom.
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone