<VV> mystery objects in oil pan

rgubser at zoomtown.com rgubser at zoomtown.com
Thu Mar 30 21:42:27 EST 2006

Hi, everyone. I had put a finned oil pan on my '62 Spyder when I bought it last year. Today when I took the pan off while preparing to change the bellhousing seal I found some black plastic (nylon?) pieces in the bottom of the pan. Some of the pieces look like segments from a circle. My guess is that it came from a valve guide seal. Does anyone else have another guess as to what this stuff is? The car doesn't smoke and runs fine, so I'm not worried, just curious. Thanks!

Ralph Gubser
Cincinnati, OH

--
rgubser