<VV> no compression

Duane, Jim (US SSA) Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Fri Mar 31 15:10:29 EST 2006

Hi Daniel.

	What happened to me is the adjustment nut lost it's ability to
stay where it was put!  It walked up the stud and the valve closed shut.
Didn't take long to happen either!  Eye the top of the valves to make
sure they are the same height...  If everything else looks good, no
valve seat movement, no bent pushrod, no collapsed lifter, then it's a
likely suspect.
As for white smoke, generally that's gas, but could be oil.  I'd get the
compression fixed and see if the white smke goes away...
Good luck!

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs