<VV> Car haulers

Mel Herwald mherwald at mgwnet.com
Wed Nov 1 19:45:48 EST 2006

Greetings people of Corvairdam:

I continue to lurk and glean useful information at times. Hopefully the day
will come when I can also give useful information.

I know the subject of car haulers has come up before but I'm faced with
moving a Rampside from Arizona to Virginia. I've got quotes from various
companies I found online but I'm a little uncomfortable since I know nothing
about them. Of course they all tout how great they are. So here are some
questions in no particular order:

1)       What's been your experience with specific car haulers?  Would you
recommend them? Are there any VV's who haul?

2)       Did you go open or enclosed? There about a $400 difference.

3)       Are there one or two companies that stand out?

4)       What should the price be? I've got about 20 quotes ranging from
$950 to $1500.

                                         Mel Herwald