<VV> Marketing vs. Engineering

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 21:00:40 EST 2006

The discussion here about moving the battery up front for  f/r balance
improvement got me thinking once again that Chevy coulda/ probably  shoulda done it
that way all along.  Same deal with the spare  IMO.
   So I wonder, what other no cost/low cost engineering  decisions could
Chevy have made if their perception at the time was that the  market demanded
better balance over more trunk space? And how close to ideal do  you think they
could have come (at about the same cost) if that had  been their top priority?

  I've noticed that, counting me, there seem  to be at  least 3 Matts here,
so I'll start signing my posts....
  Matt from L.I.
  ('66 Monza coupe 110/PG)