<VV> LM battery

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Nov 2 12:33:06 EST 2006

An interesting side note, applicable to all batteries in general, but
may be helpful in a LM Corvair.

I try to always get a battery with a handle, and if I can get it, also a
dual terminal battery. The purpose for the handle is obvious, but the
dual terminal is really quite handy. On the unused terminals, I can
"permanently" attach connections for a battery tender. They can also be
used when jumping vehicles (though I imagine our electrical gurus will
address any issues with this practice). This arrangement is something
I've found very handy in a number of vehicles, from a Suburban tow
vehicle to a Fiero, and even an old '84 Impala. One note concerning
Corvairs, though. I don't know if reverse terminal batteries are made
with dual terminals. But since all my Corvairs have the extra-long
"heavy duty battery option" ground cable, a standard battery is no
problem. And the side terminals end up out of sight facing the quarter
panel, anyway.

-Mark C