<VV> Re: Corvairs and luggage

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 12:52:16 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/2/2006 7:31:27 AM US Mountain Standard Time,  Wrsssatty
writes:

<The early models DID design the trunk to fit matching  luggage.>

That's a new one on me.  Please enlighten.

~Bill Stanley

Well this was mentioned in one of the EM articles published in the  sixties.
I don't remember which, and don't have the time right now to  research this.
But I can assure you that my 1962 monza has the trunk floor  shaped to accept
the exact shapes of two Sampsonite hard-sided suitcases. These  are one of the
large and one medium size suitcases. They make an exact fit into  the trunk
floor to hold them fairly securely. Photo to follow when I get  time.

Regards,
Bob Helt