<VV> Finding someone to work on Corvairs (was "Corvair vs. Falcon")

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 17:00:11 EST 2006

<at least I can get
local people to work on the Falcon>

You've probably opened a whole can of worms and maybe started a flame war but
I think you've hit on one huge impediment to the popularity of the Corvair as
a collector car.  Most guys on this list probably can't relate to this since
they do their own work but I'd be willing to bet that most folks in the
collector car hobby pay someone else to work on their cars.  The collector car
hobby, afterall, is a luxury and most folks who can afford such a luxury are
working so hard to make the kind of money that allows them to indulge in such
luxuries that they don't have the time to do much of their own mechanical work.  For
that reason, if there is any one thing that we, as a club, could do to
heighten interest in Corvairs, I think it would be to encourage good Corvair shade
tree mechanics to go into business.

~Bill Stanley