<VV> Re: Re:Simplicity

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun Nov 5 11:54:09 EST 2006

>>You dont usually have to unbolt and move dozens of things and have a pile
>>of parts heaped up on the floor to get at what it is that broke when you
>>are working on a Vair.

Ray

>Sounds like you have not replaced a fan bearing yet. Had a card table full
>of bits with more under and quite a few ziplocks in use. Not that difficult
>just a lot of things to move to get to it.

Padgett

.....And I don't plan on it!  The engine is currently out of the car (even that project was much less intimidating to me then taking the engine out of just about any water pumper....) and the shrouds are all off.  I plan to replace the fan bearing now, and hopefully not have need to do it again till my next engine overhaul! Problem avoided..... ggg

     By the way I followed the engine removal instructions in "keeping your corvair alive" to the letter which was the advice I got from you guys.... worked out great.  A couple of times I had to figure out what part on the car corresponded with technical terminology.... they assumed I knew just a touch more then i do... but really it was fantastic... Great book!!

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA member
65 Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction)