<VV> engine hoist

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 14:31:31 EST 2006

It sounds to me like the ram is reaching its' full extension. Does the
hydraulic ram have more than one place to mount on the frame, or a different
place to connect on the boom? If so, the mounts nearer to the fulcrum would
allow a greater height, while those further away allow you to lift more
weight. Have you pulled the ram off to see if it will extend farther with
nothing attached? When the ram is at full extension, how long is the exposed
area compared to the body of the jack? Has it worked better in the past? Has
anything changed since then (anyone borrow it)?