<VV> Car Haulers and Thank You

Mel Herwald mherwald at mgwnet.com
Mon Nov 6 15:39:20 EST 2006

I'd like to thank everybody for their suggestions on how to ship a Rampside
I just purchased from Arizona to Virginia. There were too many replies to be
able to thank everyone individually so I'd like to take this opportunity to
thank you all now.

My first decision was to ship enclosed. There is the distinct possibility
this time of year of foul weather somewhere between Az and Va. Salt spray,
stone chips, rain etc are not covered under the insurance or at least
questionable. Had it been a different time I would have shipped open on top
for considerably less.

Early on I decided not to use a broker -too many horror stories. After
looking at several direct shipping companies I chose Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex bought
Passport Auto Transport around 2000.

I read some reviews on-line and was impressed with state of the art
equipment descriptions. Their price was not the lowest or the highest. The
representative I spoke with was most helpful and claimed he once owned a
Rampside himself! I should have the truck sometime before Thanksgiving. I'll
let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

                                             MelH