<VV>eBay (minimal Corvair)

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Nov 7 08:17:35 EST 2006

The hype is part of the sell, just watch the B-J people get in the face of
a bidder and get everyone around to heckle them. An auction is not about
value, it is about emotion.

My wife buys/sells a lot more on eBay than I do but just remember: the
camera always lies and the seller wants the item to be gone for some
reason. Despite its size, not that many people sell on e-Bay and they tend
to be salescritters.

Usually I just decide what the item is worth and bid it.

Of course it used to be that I would get an outbid notice immediately. Now
BellSouth seems to take hours to deliver any e-mail (still have not
received the bid notice from an item I bid on yesterday). Anyone else
noticing this ?

Padgett