<VV> Season Ender AutoX part Deux

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 8 00:15:07 EST 2006

Hey All, I have waited with baited breath for a Central Florida Corvairs report
on the Corvair Affair AutoX but since none has appeared I will give you one.
The weather was absolutely perfect. MudButt Meadows aka SwampMan or
Fast Eddie had ordered blue skies and temperatures between 59 and 70 degrees
for his excellent FAST course. We had 30 drivers and at least 25
cars. Each entrant
was given 4 runs and after a caravan through the course, the runs
began. We had
a big variety of Corvairs with everything from low hp stock to race
prepared late models.
The  Brito brothers brought Bill Elliotts former car, Papa J Jenkins
had his late model Sports
Sedan, Ron and Connie Guy with her late model convertible, Central
Florida's LM Club car,
Yenko clones, Rick Baltrami's V6 mid engine late model, Barry Ellison
in his late model
coupe and many others including of course the WTBRT # 112 Monza.
Competition was spirited
and intense as several water pumpers vied for the best timed runs.
The water pumpers included
two Subaru WRX's, an M3 BMW and an M5 BMW. For the corvairs a mid
fifties second time was
about average for the high HP Corvairs while the low 60's was average
for the low hp models. The
water pumpers were in the mid to high 40's. The Beef car was running
extremely well with the new
Perry Hoffman engine and Scott and I turned in best times of 52+ and
53+ for 1st and 2nd place
in Improved stock 5 ( IS-5 ) . The FTD Corvair time for the day was
50+. The driver was Tony Ellison
and the Corvair was ...............you guessed it  WTBRT # 112 driven
by Tony. He actually broke the
50 barrier but nudged a cone on his second run.
      Tony aka Seth Emerson of the east was very fast in our Beef car
and very appreciative for the loan as
Barry Ellison broke his car before Tony was able to co-drive. Other
broken cars included Connie Guy's convertible
which was broken when Madam President Emeritus was driving. There
were no accidents or wrecks ........
unless you consider Dan Kidder taking a fun run in the CF Club car
and attacking a traffic sign with the front grill bar
.........It was a speed limit sign and Dan apparently didn't like it !!! ;-)
         As a side bar, Jane Bird of The Flying Pig racing team,
designed a very special commemorative T shirt
in honor of Eddie Meadows "swamp incident" All the AutoX drivers
roasted Eddie by wearing the shirts which
asked "Where's Eddie" and Eddie was presented with his own shirt
which proclaimed "I am Eddie Meadows".
He was blown away and quite surprised. We like Warren, had a great
Season Ender AutoX in sunny Florida.

Chuck Armer
Senior Beef

CORSA Member