<VV> The Latest Tire Survey

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Nov 8 15:12:40 EST 2006

> Cooper Trendsetter SE
> Toyo 800 Ultra
> Kumho AS 795
> Hankook H714
> Firestone FR380
> Dayton Quadra SE
> Peerless President ll
> Kelly Springfield
> Hercules
> Winston
> Lee

I put the Cooper Trendsetters (185/80) on my 65 convertible this summer before driving up to Buffalo and I thought they were great  I didn't notice any lack of traction.  I did the autocross with them and didn't put any extra air in and of course there was a lot of sidewall flex.  I don't think they're ideal autocross tires but I think they're fine for normal street driving.  We'll have to wait and see about durability but they'll probably get too old before they wear out.

I have Kumhos on my VW Passat wagon and I really like them.  It's not the same model as fits Corvairs though.

mike