<VV> Early speedometer (was Attrition)

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Nov 9 15:14:18 EST 2006

At 08:11 AM 11/9/2006, Geoffrey A Johnson wrote:

>>I'm likely to do as Terry suggested and splice extra wire into the
>>bulb leads and THEN snap 'em into place with the cluster sitting
>>out on the column. ALSO the Gen and Oil lights, just as
>>Evil.    Not much of an issue with turn signal lamps, seem to have
>>enough wire on them.      I nearly did something like the
>>splice-wire trick the last time I had the cluster out to replace
>>the gas gauge a couple years ago, did it in the car, almost dark
>>Sunday evening, so as to have it ready in the morning.
>
>Especially fun on a spyder dash in PG.

OH yes...  been there done that several times, several extra lights
that std clusters don't have, and everything is even tighter.

>On several I have soldered together and extension for the lights,
>that then plugs into a single wire, so the lights all come out with the dash.

This was my plan, wire 'em all together and use one plug connector to
a gray wire.   The two lights at the bottom (oil-gen) will have to be
extended.    Actually, those two engine lights are the worst
troublemakers to work with.

tony..