<VV> Re-building Speedometer for 1966 Corsa

Jebfmc at aol.com Jebfmc at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 16:47:31 EST 2006

Hi Guys,

I am ordering a 2nd worm gear from Clarks (part #4, page 136 Clarks cat.).  I
have the speedometer torn down to where the worm and magnet (part #8,  page
136 Clarks cat.) and
frame (part #6, page 136 Clarks cat.) are separated from the speed cup,
odometers, pointer and dial. My questions are:

1. How do I separate the worm and magnet from the frame?
2. What kind of lubricant should I use to lube the gears in the  speedometer?

Thanks,
Jim Bennetts
Akron, OH           1966  4-Speed Corsa Cvt.