<VV> Power Brakes for Corvair

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 21:32:26 EST 2006

Bill H. wrote:
"...Guys, in my test drive yesterday I found the brakes  somewhat difficult
to modulate.  I'll get used to them pretty quickly, but  my wife won't.  She'll
be very upset when she finds out that the car has  manual drums, as good as
they are, they do take some  practice..."

I recently changed to Clark's metallic shoes on my 67, and the petal effort
is much less (I'll be putting metallic shoes on the Greenbrier and 64 Spyder,
next.). Comparatively, the car now feels like it has power  brakes. I'd try
metallic shoes before modifying to power brakes.

Mike Mauro
of several Corvairs