<VV> Power Brakes for Corvair

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Nov 10 09:19:21 EST 2006

John is right on. The main problem with the metallic brakes I've driven
is that they do not work as well as the stock organic shoes when wet
and/or cold. The Kevlar shoes (at least the ones from The Source) work
BETTER than the stock brakes when wet and cold and close to the full
metallics when hot (for a track only car I'd likely go full metal...the
faster drivers will get some fade with the Kevlars before they do with
the metallics... though I never have because I'm not that fast!).

Bill