<VV> Ludvigsen article

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Nov 10 18:13:04 EST 2006

At 08:38 AM 11/10/2006, Spencer Shepard wrote:
>My appologies to anyone who tried to reply to me about my post about
>the Ludvigsen article. My email mysteriously started giving the
>wrong return address when someone replied to one of my emails. I was
>on a chat with an Earthlink rep (thanks Steve K) for 2 and a half
>hours last night to get that fixed. Someone snail mailed me and
>asked that I scan and post the article. That may be a tad illegal,
>but I'm sure Hemmings or Carl won't mind and I'll try to do it.

I believe that if the author and source are credited and the article
is verbatim, you can post it to a news letter or mail list without
enraging the copy rights gods.

Myself, I'd like to see it... already have a couple other Ludvigsen
Corvair articles that I appreciated.    The guy is a straight shooter.

>It talks about the Nader investigations and how GM dedicated lots of
>money and facilities to fighting it. Karl was associated with GM at
>that time and was worried that someone would realize that he had
>criticized the handling in that '59 article. Somehow that never
>happened. He says that one of the good things that came from the
>investigation was the giagantic skid pad that was built and was very
>helpful in the developement of race cars like the Chaparal and
>future production cars.

It was on that skidpad that the '65 Corvair was tested and found that
it generated more cornering force than the Corvette, according to (I
*think) a Motor Trend article.   Someone correct me if I'm wrong
about the article source...    :)

tony..