<VV> Bearing For Greenbrier Van

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Nov 12 10:21:43 EST 2006

The van axles are larger in diameter, therefore the bearings for the
vans (FC's Greenbriers, Rampsides) have a larger inside diameter than
any car bearing.

They are way too expensive to just change while doing other things. Only
replace when bad. While the brakes are being serviced, though, it is  a
good time to dissassemble (drill out the two rivets and separate while
still on the axle) clean and repack with wheel bearing grease. This
should make them go many more miles. If the races have pits in them then
it is repacement time.

Frank DuVal