<VV> Re: Halloween article and the Corvair

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:10:14 EST 2006

I think you did wake up on the wrong side of bed. The writer probably just
believes what he reads, and he had no idea that there was "another side of
the story". That is the really bad part about the Nader book, the fact that
everyone remembers it. That makes it true, at least in the public
perception.

Why do you think negative ads are played during election time? Because no
matter whether it's true or not, people remember it. "Swiftboated" has been
added to the dictionary.

What we need to do is remind people (over and over) that the Corvair
actually is a good car. Make sure that the writer has all of the facts, and
then we should see a more balanced story.  Keep in mind, though, whatever he
writes will not get the kind of publicity that Nader got, so the sheep will
continue to believe Nader's story. The louder voice wins again!