<VV> I Took The Plunge!

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 13 17:15:58 EST 2006

Congratulations Bill. I would encourage you to join CORSA and also a
local Corvair club
close to you. We need new members and new members benefit greatly
from experienced
owners helping them to keep their Corvair in operating order.

Chuck Armer
//////////////////////////////////////
At 04:58 PM 11/13/2006, you wrote:
>                                         B"H
>
>Hey guys, yesterday I picked up my "new" car, a
>Glacier Blue 69 Monza coupe, 50,000 original miles,
>110 PG, 355 gears, rust-free, interior like brand new,
>nice straight body (repaint is a bit dull but the car
>still looks nice), CLEAN engine and trunk
>compartments, very nice chrome...
>
>I drove her 200 miles from Mass. to New York, no
>problems, she handled like a sporty car.  I think the
>speedo is a bit off; I measured 1.2 miles on the odo
>for the measure mile.  I had her up to betwwen 65-70
>(on the speedometer, I think I was really going slower
>than that) with lots of pep.
>
>The only problem I need to address is a rough idle
>when warm, I'll try a tuneup.  I think the pushrod
>tubes need new o-rings, but I'll address that when I
>have time.
>
>My car is #5056, one of the last 1,000 to be built, I
>have the original protect-o-plate, bill of sale, and
>owner's manual.
>
>I'm really THRILLED to be a new member of the Corvair
>family!...Bill H.
>/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD