<VV> Re: FC or EARLY rear bearings

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Nov 14 16:59:46 EST 2006

At 09:20 PM 11/13/2006, Frank DuVal wrote:
>I do agree that taking the bearing off the axle is the best way to
>clean and inspect the bearings. In the case of the cast 63/64, it is
>about the only way to do it.
>
>But, until I used the new tool made by a club member and sold
>through Clarks, I NEVER got an axle bearing off without destroying it.

That is one SWEET piece of hardware.    I played with it at a 'Vair
Fair and removed/reinstalled a couple of bearings just to see how
easy it was...  too easy.    And you're right about taking the
bearing off without damage allowing you to reinstall the same bearing.

However, I've not checked to see how much Clark's gets for the tool;
almost afraid to check...

Regardless of the tool's price...  I still wish the bearings were a
little bit cheaper.

tony..