<VV> Calif Corvair Was: Aluminum Oil Pan Gaskets

John Sweet jasvair at certainty.net
Tue Nov 14 19:19:30 EST 2006

Well I would like to respond to this as I know who Jeff gets his gaskets
from and I had the same problem when I was with Larry's Corvair with the
holes not lining up properly and had to take a sample of an NOS oil pan
gasket to the company making the gaskets and show them what was wrong.  They
had a new die made and it was off about an 1/8 inch on some of the holes.
The other problem could be that harder material is not easy to line up on
the press and sometimes they try to punch out too many at a time.
John Sweet