<VV> More on the corvair like NSU-TT concept

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Wed Nov 15 14:01:21 EST 2006

Well.. I guess I was wrong.. I admit it.  The artist wasn't neccesarily a Corvair enthusiast... See the following quote about the origial NSU TT.

"From 1961 to 1972, NSU, a German auto-maker, produced compact cars that looked just like early-series Corvairs, right down to the flying wedge roof!  And they were mechanically similar too, with rear-mounted air-cooled engines. "

Apparently the original car was styled after the early Corvair, and the concept styled after it... Even the side grills on the concept drawing that I thought were probably inspired by the Corvair station wagon air vents, are actually taken directly from the NSU TT.

Oh well.... It was a good thought.. still would like to see chevy build this (not that I have any illusions that they would have any desire to...

Ray Rodriguez

Coldwell Banker Lifestyles Realty
(800)853-8171 ext.27 Toll Free
(570)698-0700 ext.27 Business