<VV>GM

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Nov 16 19:15:25 EST 2006

>How many times do we have to call GM a "punk b*tch" and yell "wake
>up" before anyone will listen?

GM people are not dumb they just have choices that are bad and worse. Their
"sunk cost" (cost before they build car 1) is so horrific that they can
only make money on cars with a lot of profit, not "loss leaders" or economy
cars. You think they did not sweat every penny out of the HHR and still
come in $100 over the PT ?

Chrysler went broke in 1979 and now has M-B as a parent. Toyota and Honda
don't have 60 years of benefits adding to overhead.. You say GM isn't
competing. The problem is that GM *can't* compete unless something drastic
happens.

I don't like it either and have no good answer other than all of my cars
are GM (but the newest is a '92).

Did used to rent a lot of cars but my favorite naturally was an Oldsmobile.

Padgett