<VV> Oil Pan Gaskets

Anarchyburger at aol.com Anarchyburger at aol.com
Thu Nov 16 19:26:42 EST 2006

Dear Group,

 Let me begin by saying that many of the gaskets we carry  are produced
(stamped) by two local companies that I have used for  many years. I stock two
gaskets for the oil pans, one of which is a  .065" high heat material that works
well with the stiffer  aftermarket aluminum pans.
We sell this gasket in the store, online and through mail order every  week.
We also install them here in our service department on a regular basis  with
great results.
 Last week three of these type gaskets arrived unannounced to me  from an
order back in September. All were returned with one  crack at the exact same spot
on each. Each looked clean and new but they  were not in the same sturdy
packaging in which I sent them.
 I have no way of knowing what happened to the gaskets once they left  here
and I certainly can't afford to replace and reship merchandise at my  expense
without first talking with the customer to determine the facts. In  addition, I
checked our existing stock of the gaskets and the fit is correct.
It is certainly within the realm of possibility that a gasket could  be
stamped incorrectly but it is also possible that gaskets can be  damaged during or
after shipment. As always, with a brief phone  call or e-mail a resolution can
be reached and everybody is happy...even if  that means I loose! My
reputation is worth it.

 Thanks for the bandwidth,
 Jeff Williams

 California Corvair Parts, Inc.