<VV> Corvair commercials on Google Video

Mark Holcombe vairs at verizon.net
Thu Nov 16 23:23:42 EST 2006

Hi all, I didn't see any mention of this before so I thought I would
give a "heads up" to anyone interested.

The Michael Landon 1963 Spyder commercial is available for download on
Google Video, also available is a black and white 1962 Chevrolet
commercial featuring the Bonanza cast, Lorne Greene with the Impala,
Michael Landon with the Corvair, Dan Blocker with the Chevy II and
Pernell Roberts with the Corvette.
When you go to Google Video to view these videos you only get a 9 sec.
teaser and then you are prompted to buy the "high quality" full version,
this will set you back $0.99 for the M. Landon Spyder commercial and
$0.75 for the 1962 Bonanza cast spot.

To download you make a Google account if you don't already have one,
then download their Google Video Player to play the videos on your
computer. The videos look OK but not great on the computer, when I
converted them to DivX or mpeg2 and burned them to DVD the quality was
poor when viewed on the TV, but it's great to have them any way.

The Michael Landon Spyder video,
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5564084259652271303&q=chevrolet+bonanza
The 1962 Bonanza cast video,
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2907236513013299358&q=chevrolet+bonanza

In addition while searching for Corvair videos on Google Video I came
across some very short clips 'Stock Footage" of what looks like some Jam
Handy Chevrolet sales films, there are shots of a Greenbrier , luggage
being loaded in a '60, grocery's loaded in a'61, a '62 convertible on a
dealer showroom floor, a '63 convertible and coupe driving up to a
house. These just run a few seconds without sound but the picture
quality and color are some of the best I've ever seen in this type of
film. If any one knows the names of the films that these clips come from
please share the info.

There are Corvair videos on You Tube as well and a few vair films and
lots of historic Chevy films on Internet Archive.Check'em out.

Mark Holcombe