<VV> Re: moveable timing

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 17 10:05:36 EST 2006

Pete,

You might try a new set of points and condenser.

My son had an engine that just would not idle or run smoothly. After
thinking it was valve or carb problems we finely found that while trying
to adjust the valves we had pulled a stud. Rather than mess with this
engine, we swapped the running engine from his other car in. Due to a
wiring error in the swap he fried the points and all of the wiring back
to the solenoid. We fixed the wiring and replaced the points, points
plate, and condenser from the original engine. The engine ran with the
same problems as the original engine on which we pulled the stud. This
had been a very good running engine before the swap. We noticed the
points seemed a little strange in how they came together and decided to
change them for some used points (and condenser) laying on the shelf.
After we did this the engine ran very good just like it did before.

Mike Kost
SMCC