<VV> Gas Tank

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Nov 18 02:21:06 EST 2006

At 09:28 AM 11/17/2006, Airvair65 at aol.com wrote:
>I never install a used tank. As much hassle as it is t r/r a tank and the
>hoses, spend the money, buy a tank from one of the vendors,use
>Stabil , some gas
>line alcohol, and you won't have to worry in your lifetime. At best the tanks
>are 37 years old, why take the chance?

If you fool around with caveman 'Vairs, you have no choice but to
deal with used tanks.

Me, I have several good used '61-up tanks squirreled away, from parts
cars, selected specifically because they were in good shape.   Been a
while since I've needed a tank for anything.   I also have a good '60
tank stashed.

Actually, I've had a couple of these tanks for a pretty long
time.    As long as they're there I'll never need one.

tony..