<VV> Gas Tank - additives

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 19 19:24:03 EST 2006

Having done some experimentation in the past with the iso alcohol fuel
additives, I want to recommend y'all consider the stp gas treatment over
the basic 'heet' or 'dri-gas' -- in addition to the alcohol, the stp
stuff  has a detergent that disperses the water/iso into the gas.
Otherwise the iso just mixes with the water and then they both just
separate out again.

Now this was before the ethanol laced fuels, and they may have something
in them that will disperse the water/iso mix, but otherwise it still
separates out and sits in the bottom of your tank -- it just doesn't
freeze while down there (or, in the low spot in the fuel line or bottom
of the carb bowl).

Take clear plastic bottles, add fuel, water, and additive(s) (shaken or
stirred, I don't give a damn) and let it set for a bit and see what
settles out  (or not)  ...

Drive On!

Bill Strickland