<VV> moveable timing

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Nov 20 16:09:02 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/20/2006 11:58:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

> in practice the vacuum canister
> on  the distributor runs into the coil in a stock set-up....  before you can
>
> crank in enough "advance" for the engine to run correctly.

BUT  Pete said he COULD  retard to 14..but it died!   SO  the 1 tooth thing
is bunk [in this case]

Remember.......he was saying it was moving all over the place....never where
he set it that last time....

If we go back to his original post and the one he posted today....we see HIGH
IDLE!!

Pete should've  reset the carbs IDLE SPEED!  not timing..  think about it....

The VA line WAS plugged....so you know how high the idle speed had to be to
make the mechanical advance move!!

Matt Nall