<VV> re;starting problem

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 03:03:10 EST 2006

Bill,we always remind people to run pertronix on 12v,not off the + side of the coil... on mine,I took the resistor wire out,(from the harness plug to the starter 2- wire plug) and ran a new 14ga wire from the harness plug(yellow if you stay with colorcode) to a 'hot'post from an 80's GM (on the firewall)...red pertronix wire and the resistor wire connect to the (yellow),other end of resistor goes to coil +,,,and even without 12v to coil for starts it fires readily...I also extended the pertronix ground wire to a clean engine bolt which continues to frame ground,rather than rely on internal engine ground...your engine *may not* like the plugs/gap,or it may be something simple,like the plug wires not 'snapped' on plug,just touching-i push mine out the boot some,clik on,then slide the boot down...if you can,return the carbs to before,then if you're back to 'normal',go thru the book adj or what the 'experts' agree on for late carbs...lesson #1--change ONE thing at a time...Tom
 Z..//