<VV> wiring - Monza/Corsa

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 17:26:43 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/21/2006 2:02:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
traceya at montrose.net writes:

This car  will end up like a Corsa clone. In the vendors catalogs the
wiring harness  for the '65 and '66 are different does any one know the
difference and  what it is?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob - First - Chevy changed all their color codes for 1966. That is one
reason for the difference. All the harnesses for the Corsa, except the trunk
harness, are different than the Monza. The engine harness had to add the temp
switch separate from the oil pressure sender and the feed to the cylinder head
temp sender, along with the Tachometer wire. The main Front to Rear harness
added the Tach and Temp wires to pass through. Under the dash, the harness also
moved the clock wiring from a separate harness (since it was an option on the
 Monza) into the main feed to the instrument panel. Be sure to check the
location  of each wire in that feed to the Corsa Dash, if you decide to use the
Monza dash  feed and just add the other wires. I remember something moved
location between  the two. But I could be wrong on that one. I do suggest you have
the 65 and 66  factory manuals in front of you when doing this install. - Seth
Emerson