<VV>Retro

MyGroups mygroups at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 22 20:35:26 EST 2006

mryahoo at bellsouth.net wrote:
> I think the 2005 and newer Mustangs look exactly like a 1967-68
> Mustang, without costing an arm and a leg.  Needless to say, if Ford
> did it, so can GM
And GM has - wait for the Camaro.

They CAN do it, but WILL they... (I know the Camaro is coming out soon).

Maybe among their marketting tricks they ought to make models come and
go. Discontinue the Camaro, wait 5 yrs and build another generation for
5 years and then quit again. Do the same with the Monte Carlo, Fiero,
Corvair, etc. Of course some of the models will be here year in and year
out - their bread and butter models commonly sold to the fleets. By all
means though make these limited editions affordable. I'd nver spend
$40K+ on any car regardless of the brand (until the value of a dollar
has gone WAY down and my income has gone way up).

Chris