<VV>Retro

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Nov 23 20:24:31 EST 2006

At 01:24 AM 11/23/2006, Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per wrote:
>The retro T-Bird was disappointing to me.  It looks those old
>Japanese tin-toys that had the driver painted on the outside of the
>windshield, and all of the features rounded off (to make it easy to
>stamp) and then painted on.
>
>The T-Bird needs the projectile-type headlamp protrusions, and of
>course, fins !!!!  (Or at least something legally reminiscent of fins ?)

That's it in a nutshell.  If you're gonna do retro, the result has to
express its identity.    The new T-Bird didn't do this.    Neither
did the new "GTO" which had no ancestry at all outside its Holden
Monaro legacy, which has its own performance car image.

This is similar to what happened in '74 when some moron at GM decided
to use the Chevy Nova (already plagiarized by Pontiac as the "new"
Ventura) as the next GTO...

What's old became new again.

tony..