Subject: Re: <VV> Blown engine

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 24 17:28:26 EST 2006

Smitty says:  A lot of people have asked what happened to the engine in
my wagon when it locked up abruptly on the way to Nelson Ledges . . .
other than a piston/cyl, two rods. a cam ,crank, block, and a couple of
lifters it is in pretty good shape.  Anybody want to bet that all the
pistons and wristpins and rods pass NDI ?
   I learned a long time ago that no matter what I write on here
somebody is going to second guess me as though they are the only ones
to ever have an intelligent thought (so) ...  I don't want you to
harass me for not doing them.

Matt  N replies:  Not from me!  I would say, "that's what you get when
you put all those new
parts in one engine"......ggggggg

and Hank K adds: I think you've probably given Stephen Upham a great
lift. He's the guy in TX
that has had all the engine rebuild problems.

Stephen U concludes:  Thanks, Matt for hexing me (as if I need to be to
find disaster) ggg. I'm putting a bunch of new-new parts on the latest
version of the rebuild (jugs, rings, 2nd gasket kit, deep dimpled
lifters, 12 plate oil cooler, nitrited crank, std. Clevite main and rod
bearings - and those are just the things chewed up/ made unusable in
the original meltdown after the first rebuild) in addition, I'm putting
in a new cam and gear and a billet blower bearing.   Still waiting to
get the new cam, gear and blower bearing ordered and installed.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium //

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110
Sierra Tan, originally (currently Copper) - Saddle, PG, A/C, original
AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical bumper guards, w/ 77K